Rad Tech / X-Ray Technologist Job – Newton, KS 25708
Why You'll Love This JobIf you are looking for state-of-the-art facilities where you can hone your radiologic skills with a team of professionals, Xpress Wellness Urgent Care's X-Ray Technologist position is perfect for you! You'll never be bored in our fast-paced clinic in Newton, KS!
As an X-Ray Technologist in our clinics, you will join a growing organization with career advancement options. Your team will support you as you develop your rad tech career! You will join a work family of colleagues who truly care about our patients and one another. Along with professional development, you'll also enjoy competitive pay and generous benefits!
Don't wait, join our energetic and friendly team! Apply for Xpress Wellness Urgent Care's X-Ray Technologist position today!
At Xpress Wellness Urgent Care, employee safety is a top priority. In addition to our standard workplace safety protocols, we are:
- Providing staff with PPE
- Requiring the use of masks at all clinics
- Limiting waiting room access
- Continuously sanitizing our clinics
- Triage/greet patients; obtain patient medical history and vital signs
- Show patients to exam rooms and prepare them to see the practitioners including explaining procedures
- Perform basic lab tests and sample analysis, including venipuncture, injections, starting IVs, urinalysis and drug screens
- Operate and/or assist with medical equipment in compliance with Radiation Safety Procedures and ALARA principles
- Assist practitioners with patient examinations and procedures; assist with medication administration
- Deliver post-exam instruction to patients and perform follow-ups as needed
- Document all information appropriately in patient charts
- High school diploma or GED required
- Graduate of an accredited x-ray-based training program
- Current KS Radiologic Technologist (RT) license
- Knowledge of x-ray techniques and proper patient alignment during procedures
- Ability to accurately read and write medical terminology
- Up-to-date BLS certification
- One year of previous rad tech experience preferred, urgent care experience a plus
- Fluency with computer programs and Microsoft Office Suite