Coding Specialist Job – Oklahoma City, OK
Xpress Wellness Urgent Care is on a mission to change the way healthcare is delivered in the Urgent Care setting. As a growth oriented organization, Xpress Wellness Urgent Care is dedicated to creating one of the most rewarding and positive work environments for its entire team. We are seeking employees who have a strong work ethic, drawn to create a positive impact in the healthcare industry, and have ambition to grow with an organization that is transforming Oklahoma and beyond. Our employment opportunities include competitive compensation, bonus potential, career ladder opportunities, and exceptional benefits and retirement. Every role has an opportunity to shine, and we are seeking candidates for our roles that exemplify hard work, efficiency, optimal communication, responsibility, and dedication. Whether you are seeking an entry-level role or a leadership role, we want to invest in your growth and ensure we are producing results at the highest level for both our community and your professional growth.Overall Responsibility:
The Certified Coding Specialist is responsible for abstraction or accurate coding of procedures from the medical record to ensure optimal reimbursement while staying compliant with OIG, CMS, the local Medicare Administrative Contractor, all system policies and procedures and any state and other regulatory agencies. The Certified Coding Specialist must adhere to all CPT guidelines and ICD10 Coding Guidelines.
- Manages assigned charge review and coding-related claim edit work queues to ensure timely and accurate charge capture. Accurately deciphers charge error reasons and plans follow-up steps.
- Reviews medical record documentation in the electronic health record and/or on paper. Identifies, enters and posts CPT and ICD-10 codes to the electronic health record. Ensures all coded services meet appropriate Medicare, National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI) or payer-specific guidelines.
- Consults with physicians/ providers as needed to clarify any documentation in the record that is inadequate or unclear for coding purposes. Provides education around documentation improvement for maximum patient care.
- Assists physicians/providers with questions regarding coding and documentation guidelines. Provides ongoing feedback based on observations from coding physician/provider documentation. Identifies opportunities for education and communicates trends to leaders.
- Reviews and resolves charge sessions that fail charge review edits, claim edits, and follow up denials. Works to improve billing based on findings/resolution of errors.
- Work with departments to optimize reimbursement, ensure charge capture, reduce late charges and provide feedback to providers.
- Providing guidance on billing/coding discrepancies, questions and issues to providers and customers.
- Responsible for maintaining workload balance, ensuring maximum efficiency, eliminating rework, and reducing cost.
- Review and respond timely to requests, including emails, telephone calls, issues, account research and resolution as needed by co-workers, management and clients.
- Participate in meetings, conference calls and training sessions, including Management Meetings, Team Meetings, as well as any meetings while working telecommute during assigned daily work schedule.
- May process incoming and outgoing mail
- May receive incoming telephone calls and resolve issues communicated.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures.
- Performs various duties as needed in order to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
- Knowledge of CMS rules and regulations (preferred)
- Knowledge of CPT (including Evaluation and Management), ICD-10 diagnosis and procedural coding, and HCPCS coding. (preferred)
- Interpersonal teamwork skills.
- Basic Microsoft Excel and Word knowledge
- Medical billing knowledge
- Analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year coding experience and cerification required.
- Appropriate Coding Credential: CCS for Inpatient and CCS, CCS-P, CPC, or CPC-H for Outpatient. RHIA or RHIT certification (preferred)
- Rural Health Clinic coding experience preferred