Provides episodic care to patients following accepted standards and protocols.
- Full time position to travel and staff urgent care clinics.
- Perform complete physical exams and assessments of patients including urgent, emergent and non-urgent presentation.
- Select, order, perform and interpret tests, analyses and diagnostic images to provide information on patient condition and augment physical findings.
- Analyze reports and findings of tests to diagnose patients.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness and injury.
- Perform procedures including laceration repair, orthopedics and provide referrals to medical specialists.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results and prescribed treatments with patients.
- Notate findings and treatment course in patient chart including follow-up notes.
- Understanding of medical coding and billing.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations including OSHA, HIPAA, blood borne pathogens and others.
- Competent with common PC applications including Internet, Email and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to supervise, train and evaluate new and current provider staff.
- Degree from accredited Physician Assistant program.
- Board certification Physician Assistant credentials.
- State and federal licensure requirements including DEA.
- BLS certification