Xpress Wellness offers a great working environment with state-of-the art urgent care facilities, attractive work schedules, competitive wages and incentives, comprehensive insurance benefits including medical, dental, life, vision and disability. Xpress Wellness offers a 401k retirement plan with generous company match. Helping people get better is our business so taking care of our people is critical to our success.
Why You’ll Love This Job
Are you an experienced Medical Receptionist who would love spending your days in a positive, rewarding environment at a fun, state-of-the-art facility that offers excellent benefits and competitive pay? If so, Xpress Wellness Urgent Care’s Front Desk Medical Receptionist position is perfect for you!
In this outstanding Front Desk Medical Receptionist role, you will join a fun and welcoming team of professionals, happy to support you along your career path. Add to your knowledge base as you learn new and useful skills from first-hand, on-the-job experiences. In addition, you will be the recipient of a good work/life balance and exceptional benefits.
Grab this chance to join a group of highly trained providers and staff who work together to provide excellent care in a fast-paced, exciting atmosphere. Apply for Xpress Wellness Urgent Care’s Front Desk Medical Receptionist opening today!
At Xpress Wellness Urgent Care, employee safety is a top priority. In addition to our standard workplace safety protocols, we are:
- Providing staff with PPE
- Requiring the use of masks at all clinics
- Limiting waiting room access
- Continuously sanitizing our clinics
Shift Details: Rotating shift schedules help our team maintain a healthy work-life balance. You’ll work just 7 out of every 14 days!
2-week rotation is as follows:
Scheduled-Monday and Tuesday
Off- Wednesday and Thursday
Scheduled-Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Off- Monday and Tuesday
Scheduled- Wednesday and Thursday
Off- Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Greet patients and visitors with warmth, compassion, and demonstrated commitment to exceptional service
- Communicate with referring physicians, patients and others by telephone to provide information, answer questions, schedule appointments and call-backs, etc.
- Complete patient admission process accurately and efficiently including collecting co-pays and obtaining registration information
- Verify and update patient insurance information
- Record and update financial information; record and collect patient charges; file, collect and expedite third party claims
- Maintain business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory levels, order supplies and schedule equipment service and repairs
- Protect patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associate’s degree preferred
- 1-3 years in a clinical setting preferred
- BLS certification preferred
- Familiarity with or ability to understand insurance summary data
- Ability to multitask and stay organized
- Strong typing skills and proficient in Microsoft Office and Electronic Medical Records
- Basic knowledge of anatomy and medical terminology